Harborough’s carnival of running is becoming more and more popular each year. Not only are there 3 great running events to choose from, including the Harborough half marathon there is also the famous and very popular annual weekend of carnival fun. With the parade of carnival floats, the Carnival Queen, bands and street entertainment suitable for the whole family, throughout the town centre.
Market Harborough carnival of running 2017 events
The running events Race Harborough holds, caters for all fitness abilities.
Market Harborough 1 mile fun run
The 1 mile fun run is held in Robert Smyth Academy. We hold this for friends and family that want to complete a challenge together without needing any training or practice beforehand.
Market Harborough 10km running route
This is a perfect way to challenge runners of all abilities. The route is the most scenic 10km route in the Harborough district.
Market Harborough half marathon
Above all, the big event of the day is the Harborough half marathon. Ultimately what makes it so special is the dramatic change of scenery that is rare in a half marathon. For the first 2 and a half miles the runners will be running through the main roads of Market Harborough surrounded by around 10,000 spectators. Next, the runners go through 10 miles of the gorgeous Market Harborough country side. Including rural village sections through Great Bowden, Welham and Thorpe Langton. Finally The finish line is centered in the heart of the attractions at Symington recreation ground. Where the carnival show ground is held with several other sporting events. Half marathon route.
What runners get for running Harborough’s half marathon
- Firstly each runner will have a chip timing, so if you have taken part in one of the events, you will be able to see your time.
- Each participant will be awarded a medal and a free t-shirt to show they have taken part in the Harborough’s half marathon.
- Free photos (including photographs with your finishing time and medal). We will post them online to the Race Harborough website the day after the carnival, which will be available to download.
- After the race, free post-race massages are meters away from the finishing line at the training shed.
- There is a stretching area with professional guidance and advice.
- Finally, fantastic prizes will be up for grabs, including cash for the top 3 male and female half marathon finishers.