Festival of Cycling 2018 sponsored by NFU Mutual Market Harborough Branch
Robert Smith Academy, Burnmill Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7JG
- Klds skills workshop
- 50 km cycle sportive
- 100 km cycle sportive
- 100 mile cycle sportive
What you get!
- Finisher Medal
- Hydration support from Nuun & Clif Nutrition
- Delicious hot meal (pre-ordered)
- Free massage
- Professional electronic timing
- On-site mechanical support
- On-site showers/toilets
- Fully signed course with unique feed/water stations
Market Harborough’s Spring Festival of Cycling is an event all about celebrating cycling and promoting its benefits. It’s a great way to complete a personal challenge, a social ride for a club or group of friends or a training ride for the more serious cyclist or triathlete. Whatever your goal there is a distance for you!
Please see the maps below to learn more about the routes. The first 25km is all distances combined and then where signposted the routes will split. There are multiple feed stations on offer this year. All have toilet facilities;
- The first stop (all routes) is at the legendary Cafe Ventoux
- 100 mile route only – Feed stations Great Dalby and Stoughton village halls.
- The main feed station (all routes) is hosted by Adam’Smile and will be located in Lubenham with hot/cold drinks and the best flapjack in the world (probably).
- The final water station (for 100 km/100 mile riders only) will be hosted by the NFU Mutual Market Harborough Branch crew at Naseby Village Hall..
50km, The Little Lamb:
100km, The Cheeky Chick:
100Mile, The Big Brave Bunny:
SOCIAL RIDE CANCELLED DUE TO POSTPOPNEMENT OF BATTLEFIELD DUATHLON
There will be a social ride on the 25th March. It will be the 50 km route and will leave Robert Smyth at 9am. There will be a lead rider and a back marker so that no one gets left behind. Please email us if you intend to attend.
Now into our fourth year we have worked closely with a local family who tirelessly campaign for a safer cycle route connecting their village into Market Harborough. Learn more about our chosen charity partner Adam’Smile, there are plenty of opportunities throughout the entry process and event day to make your contribution! A donation from your entry goes directly to them.
Kids skill workshops
Our local club Welland Valley Cycle Club Whizz kids will be delivering Go-Ride coaching activities which have been designed to introduce young people to a range of cycling disciplines. So if you are aged between 4yrs and 12yrs book yourself a place! Bike and helmet required! For more info on what the club offer here. The small charge for this coaching will be donated to the club to help assist other young people develop their cycling skills.
Join us on Facebook