Market Harborough Carnival of Running
Thank you to everyone that participated in this year’s rather warm run! 2017 event to be announced soon.
Photos now available for free download!
- 1 mile fun run – a great way to complete a challenge as a family
- 10km – a perfect way to challenge runners of all abilities
- Half Marathon (13.1 miles) – the ultimate distance for runners wanting more or for seasoned runners searching for a new race
- Relay Challenge – enter the Half Marathon as a team of 4
If your circumstances have changed and you will no longer be able to participate in this race please refer to our Race Harborough Terms and Conditions and notify us of any changes. We will not be able to accept any further changes after the 6th June.
Essential race day details here: Pre Event Runner Pack 2016
Race start 12 midday at The Robert Smyth Academy, Burnmill Road, LE16 7JG. Finish Line location: Symington’s Recreation Ground off St Mary’s Road, Market Harborough
This event takes place on the same day as and in conjunction with, the Market Harborough Carnival. We are proud that the event is sponsored by the Market Harborough Building Society.
The route has something for everyone with some crowd-lined closed roads, an idyllic rural village section through Great Bowden, Welham and Thorpe Langton and a spectacular finish at the Carnival Show Ground. Here you will be greeted by approximately 5000 cheering supporters.
Runners will benefit from:
- Chip timing
- Medal and T-shirt
- Free photos
- Fantastic prizes up for grabs, including cash for our top 3 male and female Half Marathon finishers.
Our unique post-race zone is metres away situated in The Training Shed. Here you will be welcomed by the friendly staff who will offer you the following:
- Free post race massage, your legs will thank you for it!
- Stretching area with expert supervision and advice
- Opportunity to be photographed with your run time wearing your finishers medal
- Goody bag area
Can we ask that you just drop us a line after the event and tell us of your final figure achievements. Good Luck!
An important part of everything that we do, is supporting local charities. For this event we’re supporting The Squires Effect. We will be donating a portion from every entry.
If you are running for your own selected charity there are numerous ways to do this, the first would be to notify the particular charity that you intend to run and fundraise for. You can then start getting sponsors or set up your own personal JustGiving or VirginMoneyGiving page to do so online.
They will give you full details of the support package that they provide including:
- Squires Effect running vest
- Post-race massage
- A cheering point for your family and friends
There are lots of different free training plans available on the internet. These are definitely some of the best 10K and Half Marathon plans for a variety of abilities. Paper copies to print out or a paid app if you’d prefer. Alternatively, you could go along to a local running or triathlon club and get some advice there. See the Contacts section for more information.
We’ve also teamed up with Edward Hands & Lewis Solicitors who are sponsoring this year’s Corporate Challenge.
- The ultimate team building exercise! Run the Half Marathon route as a team of four.
- Enter the half marathon online as 4 individuals as ‘unaffiliated runners’ then contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the runners and a team/business name.
- All proceeds to the Squires Effect you and three others will run approximately 3.25 miles each, for just £100 per team.
- Trophies for Top 3 teams and of course a T-shirt and medal for each finisher!
- Transport will be organised for dropping off and collecting athletes.
We would like the whole event to be as a family friendly as possible. So at 11.15am, at the school, just before the start of the main event, we are hosting a free 1 mile family fun run. If you are competing in the main event, why not use this as a warm up with all the family? Spectators and fun runners can then all head down to Symington Rec to welcome home the 10k and Half Marathon runners. It’s only a short walk down Burnmill Road and there will be loads to do when you get there. We will reward all runners with a medal.
We are grateful to Home-Start South Leicestershire who are our charity partner for this event and will be on hand organising you all and welcoming donations on the day. www.localgiving.org/charity/home-startsouthleics or download the sponsorship form
RACE RESULTS 2015:
For all your questions answered we’ve put together a list of FAQ’s which we hope will help you. Carnival of Running FAQs
A special thanks to our sponsors and partners for making this event possible.