Market Harborough Carnival of Running
A massive thank you to all the volunteers, runners and local businesses that supported the event and made it such a huge success.
Save the date. Next year’s event will be held on Saturday 9th June 2018. Hopefully we’ll have an increased capacity so even more of you can get involved.
Searchable free downloads of the event photos can be found here:
Race results can be found here:
Saturday 9th June 2018.
- 1 mile fun run – a great way to complete a challenge as a family
- 10km – a perfect way to challenge runners of all abilities
- Half Marathon (13.1 miles) – the ultimate distance for runners wanting more or for seasoned runners searching for a new race
- Relay Challenge – enter the Half Marathon as a team of 4
If you want to join us for a run around the 10k course (in reverse), then we will be starting at 6pm from outside the Training Shed on St Mary’s Road on 18th May. All welcome. There will be a lead runner that will complete the course in 45-50 minutes and a tail that will be around 65-70 minutes. We won’t leave anyone behind though. The route will finish at Robert Smyth. See you there.
Essential race day details here: Pre-event Runner Pack 2017 Pre-event Runner Pack 2017 (1)
Race start 12 midday at The Robert Smyth Academy, Burnmill Road, LE16 7JG. Finish Line location: Symington’s Recreation Ground off St Mary’s Road, Market Harborough
This event takes place on the same day as and in conjunction with, the Market Harborough Carnival. We are proud that the event is sponsored by the Market Harborough Building Society.
The route has something for everyone with some crowd-lined closed roads, an idyllic rural village section through Great Bowden, Welham and Thorpe Langton and a spectacular finish at the Carnival Show Ground. Here you will be greeted by approximately 5000 cheering supporters.
Runners will benefit from:
- Chip timing
- Medal and T-shirt
- Free photos
- Fantastic prizes up for grabs, including cash for our top 3 male and female Half Marathon finishers.
Our unique post-race zone is metres away situated in The Training Shed. Here you will be welcomed by the friendly staff who will offer you the following:
- Free post race massage, your legs will thank you for it!
- Stretching area with expert supervision and advice
- Opportunity to be photographed with your run time wearing your finishers medal
- Goody bag area
Cash, vouchers, free trainers and trophies are amongst the goodies that can be won. Please see the full list here: Prize schedule
An important part of everything that we do, is supporting local charities. For this event we’re supporting The Squires Effect. We will be donating a portion from every entry.
If you are running for your own selected charity there are numerous ways to do this, the first would be to notify the particular charity that you intend to run and fundraise for. You can then start getting sponsors or set up your own personal JustGiving or VirginMoneyGiving page to do so online.
They will give you full details of the support package that they provide including:
- Squires Effect running vest
- Post-race massage
- A cheering point for your family and friends
The Training Shed, Market Harborough have produced some excellent free training plans to support uyou in your journey. Contact them using the link below and they’ll send them over.
There are also lots of different free training plans available on the internet. The ones below are definitely some of the best off the shelf 10K and Half Marathon plans that cover a range of abilities/training times. You can print off paper copies or use a paid app if you’d prefer. Alternatively, you could go along to a local running or triathlon club and get some advice there. See the Contacts section for more information.
We’ve also teamed up with Edward Hands & Lewis Solicitors who are sponsoring this year’s Corporate Challenge.
- The ultimate team building exercise! Run the Half Marathon route as a team of four.
- Enter the half marathon online as 4 individuals as ‘unaffiliated runners’ then contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the runners and a team/business name.
- All proceeds to the Squires Effect you and three others will run approximately 3.25 miles each, for just £100 per team.
- Trophies for Top 3 teams and of course a T-shirt and medal for each finisher!
- Transport will be organised for dropping off and collecting athletes.
We would like the whole event to be as a family friendly as possible. Just before the start of the main event, we are hosting a 1 mile family fun run. If you are competing in the main event, why not use this as a warm up with all the family? We will reward all runners with a medal.
We are grateful to Home-Start South Leicestershire who are our charity partner for 2016 and will be on hand organising you all and welcoming donations on the day. Donate here! or download the sponsorship for
Maintaining a safe route for the Carnival Procession and the 10k/Half Marathon course is a complex operation. Here is a summary of the measures in place on the day. If you are affected in any way, we thank you for your support in helping making the event a success.
2015 10k results
For all your questions answered we’ve put together a list of FAQ’s which we hope will help you. Carnival of Running FAQs
A special thanks to our sponsors and partners for making this event possible.